Friday, July 20, 2012

misunderstood

so seeing that i currently eat and breathe "wanting a baby", its all i have been talking about lately. Almost anyone who knows my name at this point, knows that i am ready to be a mom and that my husband and i are actively trying. While some people tend to be a little secretive about the "trying" process and even up to the end of the first trimester, i find it therapeutic to share and vent and plan out loud. its always much better when someone else knows, especially if they genuinely have your best interest at heart. Anyway recently i have been a little annoyed with my friends and even my hubby. The popular line these days seems to be "stop stressing" or "just relax" or "you have only just started trying, whats the hurry, some people try for a year and more before they succeed"... well first i am not stressed and its annoying hearing people tell you to calm down when you are already calm. its annoying when i want to talk about my ideas for a baby name or my ovulation calendar and someone responds with "creepy" or "you have everything planned out, don't you?" or "i don't know why you stress so much". in the end i feel utterly misunderstood. what i see as raw passion, others see as stressing, what i see as longing, others see as impatience. After a while i find it safer to plan, and hope and pray and long and plot in the privacy of my head and not talk about it as much anymore. Not because the trying isn't fun or because my wanting has diminished or my excitement has dampened, but because in sharing with close ones, i no longer get the comfort and understanding and healthy curiosity i looked for, instead i get pity, unsolicited advice and just sheer annoying misunderstandings.

No comments:

Post a Comment