Sunday, July 22, 2012

The waiting

So day 3 of our 4 day scheduled "must do the do" days didn't happen because two of our friends stopped by and hung out drinking and talking until 2am and spent the night. I never quite got a chance to steal the hubby for 10 minutes. But i wasn't too bummed out coz day 4 happened at like 10 am instead of the usual 10pm so that sort of felt like i couldn't have missed much by missing day 3... fast forward to today, 2 days after day 4, i woke up feeling very sore in my lower abdomen. Not quite the cramp that comes with your period and not even painful enough to be called a cramp, but more discomfort, the kind of soreness that comes with not exercising for like 2 months and then doing 100 sit ups at once. So you guessed right, this soreness got me excited and worried at the same time, i turned to my latest best friend - the Internet to google : "abdominal pain 3 days after ovulation", and boy did i find food for my excitement, till i felt like i could no longer sit still. I must have read about 40 entries on 15 different blogs and websites, all saying they felt cramping or soreness from like day 2 after ovulation, that ranged from sharp pains to very mild pains and 90% said when they took pregnancy tests a week later, it was positive. I am overjoyed with this possibility. My hubby insist that i put my planning, and excitement in check so that when i do take a test, if it turns out negative, i don't end up crazily disappointed. Good thing is i have never been afraid of disappointment, i have never let the uncertainty of getting disappointed stop me from living and loving my current state of excitement and fully enjoying everything the moment has to offer me, and boy am i excited today! So excited infact that i refused to take an advil or any pain killers (big deal because i have the lowest pain tolerance of anyone i know), instead i choose to fully feel and experience everything positive that can come from making alex, including pain, infact i welcome such pain.

Anyway so now comes my least favorite part, the waiting. most home pregnancy test like the early response test claim to be able to detect the pregnancy hormone HCG, with about 60% accuracy as early as 5 days before your missed period, which would be July 30th for me (exactly 8 days from today). But wait, I will. In previous months, this week has been the hardest, i usually buy and take at least 3 or 4 tests before the day i really should be taking the test, and after every negative test, i smile and tell myself "its only negative coz i took it too early, ill try again tomorrow", lol... i usually carry on this way until my period comes to kick me back to reality. Lord knows the makers of pregnancy tests owe me some frequent flier miles or something. Anyways this month though, i will try to wait till July 30th. Ill pass the next 8 days, doing more research, planning how i would break the news to hubby and fam when that positive test finally gets here, it has to be something cute and funny, and of course, just praying and waiting on God. Ill try to drink lots of water this week, not miss a day of my prenatal vitamins (one a day prenatal) which i started taking like two months ago, and i guess just really trying to enjoy my week at work, and with friends and with my hubby. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment